Thursday 19 December 2013

I've learnt you can't judge a book by its cover, but there is always a first! - 'The Woman in the Distance' due out February 2014


Acceptance and tolerance and forgiveness, those are life-altering lessons.  Jessica Lange

My life on the land was life changing and after a time, hankering for the need for another human proved too great.  The enormity of trying to adjust to isolation hadn’t yet arrived.  My husband was genuinely puzzled as to what he continually saw in my eyes. He preferred and enjoyed his normality of a silent world. He was comfortable tinkering in the sheds, riding off on the motorbike, chopping down forever growing pine trees for months on end, and he was certain it was a city girls dream to also love a solitude life.  For me, it was a different story.  'The Woman in the Distance' reflections of un-settled seasons. Due out end of February 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment