Monday 30 December 2013

Don't let them tame you! Isadora Duncan



In Art, there are often environments that have negative elements, but there is a way to recover from the 'Amateur Expert' who insists or casts doubts with their presumed superiority.
 
Every Artist has a place to paint, sculpt, draw, design and write. There are not many entitlements in life, but it is your God Given Right to create. The below image I painted the day after I recovered from my first breakdown. I was 17 years of age.  I don't think about it too much, but I will never forget when a non-artist or creative person said in 2012, 'that painting is so boring'.  What did I do?  I didn't pick up a brush for 18months.  I believed they were speaking for the masses! 
 
There is beauty in aging, it releases your inner doubts and offers an un-told amount of inner courage and perspective. Today, I never stop painting, writing and creating.  At 45 years of age, I have found as much peace as I was wishing for when painting this work.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment