Monday 27 January 2014

The Woman in the Distance'

Newcastle’s International Contemporary Artist has become internationally recognised as a new author. Sophie Mill’s inaugural book, ‘The Woman in the Distance’ is due out end of February. The book has already received rave reviews from the famed New York radio announcer Stu Taylor. Sophie’s stream of consciousness takes you on a creative, passionate, tortured and erotic journey into the Australian outback where the author battles with isolation and incredible hardships. This true story is a saga starting in 1912 and it is an emotional roller coaster ride of tears and heartbreak. ‘Freedom within has finally been found, and this is a personal accomplishment. The necessary journey to find myself was colossal, although given a second opportunity my life would be lived exactly the same way’. Sophie said. ‘I paint and write to find out what I am actually thinking’. The author said. ‘To examine your conscience entails honesty. I find it easy to be honest in the art studio, but to be honest in real life takes enormous effort’. Sophie went onto say, ‘The things that haunt you, the things that have power over you—once you confront them, they lose their power… I think I did that with my life time of depression and anxiety. Today, I am finally free of feeling fractured’. This story will inspire those who have battled with anorexia, alcohol and drug abuse, depression, mental illness, isolation and heartbreak. This story is not about defeatism. It is about finding creativity in the arduousness of our real lives. This is a must read book. Dates will be published about ‘Book Signing at the Junction Pub’ soon. All information can be found through www.sophiemill.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment