Sunday 14 December 2014

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO MY READERS AND FRIENDS

Dear reader of 'The Woman in the Distance',


After one year, it seems my work is never finished however, I don't want it to finish.  Although, I am sure you have finished my book.  I would be interested to know if reading 'The Woman in the Distance' created creativity, feelings, emotions or any type of 'adjustment' in your life. 

I was led to believe that relaxation is good. Today, I have found that action is quite possibly more beautiful.  To paint and write came from a spontaneous thought, but my motivation was to create change for a variety of reasons.  I believe that change is necessary, it prevents stagnation.  Creativity can move you out of this stage although it take courage and strength.  It is a strength that often wears me out however, the end result is worth a little tiredness.

I don't call it a dream, because then I would miss the reality of my efforts.  I think reality is better than a dream, but I am always dreaming for the reality to be more colourful.  

For those who were more interested in learning about anxiety, depression, mental illness I hope you un-covered something we don't often learn; self-actualization.

Everyone has a that 'something' in their heart that needs to be expressed one way or another, but it is often difficult to locate, as though it is not available to you. I could always feel 'that something' but I just couldn't reach it to save myself from that dreadful condition that still holds a lot of stigma.

To find that deep voice hidden in the innermost core of your being can be brought to the surface simply by understanding that self expression is of the utmost importance in humanity; self actualization.  It was with this understanding that I was able to perform on stage at Sydney Town Hall in front of 1200 people and give my inaugural comedy gig.  Stand-up comedy is to bring humour to mental illness and break down stigma.  

I also learnt that I don't want to listen to anyone except myself. Doctors, psychiatrists, therapists, facilitators, mindfulness therapy, cognitive therapy, guru's and other.  Why?  because they implore us constantly to give up memory, to live in the herenow.  No one would listen to me.  To give up memory I must also give up my creative imagination, for I am an artist, writer and comedian and all that I have has its roots in what I remember. 

Today, after nearly half a century on earth - I have found that I am neither mentally ill nor depressed any longer. 

It is my hope that one more person can recover and find that 'something' so that he/she can see that reality is just as good as the dream.  

Happy Christmas.


Kind thoughts,


 
Sophie Mill   Fine contemporary artist, author and comedian
‘The Woman in the Distance’ reflections of un-settled seasons
amazon.com
barnesandnoble.com
xlibris.com
Maclean's book store Hamilton
Wise Words Moree

No comments:

Post a Comment